Sunday, August 16, 2020

Back to School, Back to School

 Hello everyone :)

Matt heads back to campus tomorrow to start his Sophomore year of college. We're looking forward to all of his classes, but a bit apprehensive on how the year will go. He's got a bevy of masks, so he should be ready to be in a room with young people who aren't known for taking many precautions health wise. He starts Japanese language classes, and I'm trying to learn along with him. We've downloaded some apps and have been working on learning the hiragana, but it's a lot to learn!

I've been thinking about knitting, a lot. But haven't actually done any. I have a couple of projects on the list to do right away - some hats and scarves to prep for winter - and then some back burner projects I'd like to work on.  Mostly I just want to buy and squish yarn. :)

This week's creative energies were focused on jewelry making. I had a family friend custom order malas for Christmas gifts, and the beads came in early this week so I was able to get those put together. Matt put the finishing touches on for me yesterday, and I can't wait to send pictures out to make sure he's happy with them. I also had a co-worker request necklace options for their sister's birthday, so I spent yesterday afternoon and this morning putting that together. Of course, she requested that back in June...and the birthday is Tuesday...so we'll see if she even still needs a gift! If not, I'll have some really beautiful necklaces and matching earrings to put up in the Etsy shop. 

I've started a new position at my job this last week, so I'll be busy learning all my new responsibilities, and teaching other folks how to do the stuff that I won't have time to do anymore. It's exciting and nerve-wracking! Hopefully this will even out my schedule too, so that I can have a more structured timeline for my days. I'm really looking forward to that! 

This week we made our first batch of Tomatillo salsa and canned it in the pressure canner. I have tomatoes coming ripe, so hopefully we'll be making tomato sauce and pizza sauce in the coming weeks. I think I also have enough tomatillos ripe for another batch of salsa!

I hope you all have a wonderful week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment