Saturday, May 23, 2020

Etsy Weekends - Gorgeous Goblets

Since I was a small child I have admired these gorgeous depression era glasses that lived in my Grandfather's china cupboard. My Dad told me that they were a wedding present for his grandparents (whose maiden name my husband and I took when we married). The whole family has known that when it is time, that set comes to me - as we all knew that the bells would go to my sister. Last summer, the time came, as my Grandfather passed. It was a very difficult time for all of us, and I was unable to help much since I live at such a distance. Adding to the difficulty was knowing that I can't even bring home the glasses that I love so much and that remind me of Grandpa, and family. Someday I will be able to house those objects, but until then, I just have to admire similar pieces from afar. These watermelon colored glasses would look lovely with my darker colored glassware.
Depression Era Watermelon Pink / Green Vaseline image 4
Watermelon Glass from YEG Antiques

No comments:

Post a Comment