Sunday, September 13, 2020

Fall Weekend

 Hello!

Sorry I haven't posted the last two weeks. We have hit the time of year where I have more work than time! Last weekend we had a pretty nasty fire in the Bridger mountains, and on Monday we had snow fall and a killing temperatures. Matt and I spent all day last Sunday moving plants and picking everything that was even close to ripe. We managed to save the majority of our bucket tomatoes, but a lot of the plants in the raised beds didn't make it. We did manage to make some stuff and do some canning, and we now have about 16 jars of salsa sitting on the shelf! 

With the weather turning cooler, I have been driven to do more knitting. I've made about five hats in the last two weeks, and a pair of mittens! I have a lot more yarn just waiting to be turned into something warm for the winter. I try to keep my crafting area clean - but right now it's a bit of a mess, with yarn recently finished and waiting to be put away and yarn waiting in skeins, the ball winder has been out and in use for a little over a week straight. I figure the knitting fever will slow soon and I can get all my needles and notions and yarns all organized and put away.

 

Since I've been doing so much knitting, I haven't done much for jewelry making, but I have a few things on the back burner. Matt's mom has sent us some findings for jewelry making, and I'm excited to turn those into necklaces and earrings. I have two more commissioned malas to make as well, and I've been turning those over in my mind, what stones and what design I want to use. 

I am taking a day off this coming week and I'm hoping to get some good work done in the garden - I need to trim things back, dig up annual bulbs, and set down some cardboard to prep new beds for next spring. I wish you all luck with your fall efforts, and hope everyone had a lovely Labor Day weekend last weekend :) See you next Sunday!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment