Sunday, August 9, 2020

August Already??

 Hello All!

I am having a hard time believing that it is August already. It feels like this year is just slipping past, soon it will be snowing. Uff dah!

This week has been pretty busy with work stuff, and I haven't had much energy when I get home. Plus I have been feeling rundown the last couple of weeks. Too much something, not enough something else, and when I figure that out I'll be top notch again.

 

We are running headlong into harvesting season, and my peppers are already a little hard to keep up with. Today I picked a bowlful of tomatillos, and by this evening we should have some salsa ready to jar and can in our new pressure canner! I've got herbs in the dehydrator, and some tomatoes that have come ripe too, so maybe we'll make some salsa fresca and figure out a yummy Mexican meal to serve it with. Last night we picked enough green beans to make a side dish for our dinner, and topped our cheeseburgers with jalapenos and green onions from the garden. We have chinese five color peppers that are ready, and I can't wait to make some breakfast eggs with them tossed in. 

As far as crafting is concerned, I haven't been able to do much. I'm working on two commissioned Mala necklaces, and made a handful of stretch bracelets this week. I've also finally set up my soldering station upstairs, and I can't wait to try my hand at a new skill. Knitting has been crowding into my brain - especially with Fall knitting magazines coming in, but with the summer heat my knitting plans will stay locked away in my brain for a while.

 

I hope you all have a wonderful week and we'll see you again next weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment