Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thoughts on Knitting

Did you ever notice how some patterns seem to draw you back multiple times, while others are put on a shelf never to be touched again? I know my Mom and I have that dilemna, although Mom has a harder time giving up on patterns than I do! Sometimes I think that with a little knitting math and a little ingenuity I can 'fix' patterns I didn't enjoy the first time...and I have quite the pile going on there! I often wonder if the pattern itself is the problem, or simply where I am in my knitting career when I attempt it. Did I use the wrong needles? Or the wrong yarn? Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention, and made mistakes I didn't see. Hmm, maybe it is time to take some of those patterns back off the shelf and try again....

Patterns that do work, and have time and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment