Sunday, November 3, 2013

Etsy Weekends - Wooden Decorations

When I was younger my Dad used a lathe to make several turned wood bowls. They were really nifty, each one slightly different, with a different finish, different decorative pieces, and made of different wood. He told me about a star pattern bowl he had made a long time before I was alive with different colored woods and a lot of effort. I always thought we would make one together, but never got around to it. Of course, this has never diminished my love of hand carved, hand turned, or otherwise hand crafted wooden pieces. Here are a few of my favorites from Etsy!

Oak Burl Hand Carved Butterfly Mounted on Maple Wood Hand Leaf Carved Bowl
Oak Butterfly on Bowl by Glowing Heart Studios
Walnut Raindrop Tray
Walnut Raindrop Tray by 3D Woodturning
Wooden Cherry Pedestal Bowl / Candy Dish / Fruit Bowl
Cherry Pedestal Bowl by Wood Expressions
Box Elder Burl Bowl... rustic in design.
Box Elder Bowl by Uneducated Woodturner

No comments:

Post a Comment