Friday, June 27, 2014

Spoiled Kitties?

When the motor in the water fountain gave out again about a month ago, I decided it was finally time to invest in a new cat fountain. I've been wanting something different ever since I saw the beautiful new ceramic cat fountains over on the hauspanther blog. There are also beautiful ceramic fountains on Etsy, and a few different models that are sold in Europe. Matt and I looked over our choices, and agreed on the Drinkwell Pagoda Fountain. We've had it now for about a week or two, and the kitties really seem to enjoy it. I haven't pulled it apart to clean yet, but putting it together was pretty easy, and I don't think it will be difficult to clean. We will have to fill it more often, because it doesn't have the reservoir that our last fountain had, but that's not a big deal. I'm just hoping it doesn't get clogged with cat hair as bad as the other one did!



There is one problem that I haven't addressed yet. Lela really likes to splash water out of fountains, she has done it since her first fountain as a way to show her anger. She has been making messes with this fountain every few days, and it seems to be a lot easier for her than the last fountain. They recommend placing the fountain on a mat, but in the past she has drained enough water to fill the mat and spill over onto the floor. So I'm thinking some kind of tall-sided container, which of course will diminish the beauty of the fountain, but will hopefully prevent the lakes she's been forming on the floor. In fact, as I wrote this she was draining her fountain. I don't know how she does it...might need to set up a hidden camera to catch her at it....

No comments:

Post a Comment