Saturday, July 10, 2010

I'm so excited that we finally have this up!

I can't wait to upload pictures of things we are working on and what's going on here in Wisconsin. 

The sheep and Gracie the llama are very happy! We were almost out of hay and I was worried I was going to have to take them to yards that need mowing. Happily, my hay supplier came thru for us and delivered enough to fill the barn! We are supplementing their diet with weeds from the vegetable and flower garden. Yes, I'm growing a great crop of weeds! I'm also growing a few other tasty things for the sheep and lots of tomatoes and peppers to make salsa for us.
Allen Creek Country Store is having a day on the farm on July 24th, several crafters have signed up and the event will be used as a fund raiser for the local boys and girls club.  Since I normally knit hats, mittens, slippers, and scarves I thought I should make something different for the summer months, so I'm knitting sheep and llamas using wool from my sheep and Gracie.  I also recently made a hot water bottle cover for my neice as part of her wedding shower gift. I got the idea while listening to Kelly's pod casts from Knit Picks, she has mentioned several times how much she loves her hot water bottle!  For a while I thought I was going to have to give my niece a combination hot water bottle and douche bag, which I found very amusing, but in the end a good friend found a regular hot water bottle for me! Why would I give a gift of a hot water bottle cover?  Because when she's climbing into bed on a cold Minnesota night she can warm up her toes and think about how nice and warm it was on the Caribbean Cruise honeymoon!   I have orders for a few more and I want one for myself! 

The other project I'm "dying" to get started on is dying some of the 40 pounds of yarn from our sheep that just came back from Blackberry Ridge.  I've been taking pictures of flowers in the yard and I plan on using some of them as inspiration for color ways. I was going to start today but I didn't get home until after 4 and Randy really doesn't like the smell of cooking wool when he wants to eat supper! Oh well, there's always tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment