Wednesday, January 22, 2014

In the Kitchen with Pam: Garden Roasted Tomato Style

Last time when we chatted with Pam in the kitchen she was sharing her time tested salsa recipe. This week she's willing to share another recipe, this one new to our kitchen this season!
A friend gave me a great recipe for roasted tomatoes.  She uses a type of tomato that is similar to a Roma but bigger.  You slice the tomato in half and take out a lot of the seeds.  Then sprinkle them with garlic powder and parmasean cheese.  I also added some dry Italian Salad Dressing mix that I bought from Penzey's.  You roast them at 450 degrees for about 45 minutes to an hour.  They are great. You can change the seasonings that you put on top of the tomatoes depending on what you think you'll use them for.   I'm not going to show a picture of them because they are all smooshed in freezer bags in my freezer!  I'm planning on using the roasted tomatoes on pasta this winter or on a great pizza recipe I watched on Cooks Country called "Grandma's Pizza".  You make the crust, put on the mozzarella cheese and parmesan and then sprinkle the tomatoes on top.   
How great is it to use those summer veggies all winter long? How do you use your summer veggies in the winter?
Grandma Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment