Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Peas

This year I'm trying something new with the peas. After the vines dried and shriveled, I planted new seeds in the shadow of the dried plants. I also learned that you cut the peas off at the base instead of pulling the roots from the ground, this way nutrients from the roots stay in the ground longer - way cool! I'm not sure if it'll work...but it was worth a shot, and I've already got little peas shooting up from the ground. Whether they will harvest a bounty before our early frosts, I'm not sure. I also planted a second round of green leaf and red leaf lettuce...but neither of those has popped up yet. I guess I just have to wait and see if it was worth it. I have ideas about a new location for my shade loving plants next year...and I'm already anxiously awaiting the spring! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment