Monday, July 22, 2013

Teddy Bears

Teddy Bears are some of the most fun a girl can have with Knitting. They each have their own personality, and it all depends on your mood while stitching on the faces, or even just a slip of the needle. A slanted stitch may lead to an uneven smile. Use the wrong kind of yarn and you may find yourself with eyes that are different sizes. But all of these chances for things to go wrong, also give you so many opportunities to have completely individual teddy bear faces. The faces are the most difficult, and the most rewarding part of a stuffed animal. That is why I love making them, teddy bears in particular. I often will leave the face for a few days, until the bear has had a chance to show me what kind of face he wants. (Does that sound crazy? Probably. But I stand by it.) I also want to make sure I'm in the right place before I work on a face...too distracted and who knows what might come out on their little faces!

Here's my most recent teddy bear, and the instigator of a rush (hopefully!) of teddy bears. He's at least got my brain all worked up over knitting more, so we'll see how long it takes my hands to catch up to my mind!


No comments:

Post a Comment